- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1922 Queens New York City Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1922 Queens New York City Map Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published by iconic American map producers Rand McNally, this depiction of Queens, New York shows the famous New York borough in a period of tremendous growth and prosperity. Geographically the largest borough in New York is also the second-largest in population. Established in 1683 as one of the first counties in New York, the borough is the most linguistically diverse place on earth.
The early twentieth century allowed residents greater access via rail lines and spurred growth throughout the city. The construction of steel and glass buildings was transforming the architecture of the city, and the population had doubled in size and was only continuing to expand. The completion of the Queensboro Bridge and tunnels under the East River allowed residents to commute for work in neighboring boroughs.
Long Island extends into Queens and is home to some of the most iconic scenes in American History. The longest and most significant island in the contiguous US, Long Island stretches from New York Harbor to Montauk Point in the east. Charles Lindbergh launched the famous Spirit of St. Louis from Roosevelt Field in 1927, completing the first transatlantic flight. The 1920s saw the transformation of the area from backwoods and farms as developers created numerous suburbs and residents flocked from the congestion of the city to the relative calm found in the outlying neighborhoods.
The distinctive aesthetic and incredible detail of this Rand McNally production immediately transports the viewer back in time, and this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical History.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.