- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1922 Queens New York Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1922 Queens Wall Art of New York City Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published by iconic American map producers Rand McNally, this depiction of Queens, New York shows the famous New York borough in a period of tremendous growth and prosperity. Geographically the largest borough in New York is also the second-largest in population. Established in 1683 as one of the first counties in New York, the borough is the most linguistically diverse place on earth.
The early twentieth century allowed residents greater access via rail lines and spurred growth throughout the city. The construction of steel and glass buildings was transforming the architecture of the city, and the population had doubled in size and was only continuing to expand. The completion of the Queensboro Bridge and tunnels under the East River allowed residents to commute for work in neighboring boroughs.
Long Island extends into Queens and is home to some of the most iconic scenes in American History. The longest and most significant island in the contiguous US, Long Island stretches from New York Harbor to Montauk Point in the east. Charles Lindbergh launched the famous Spirit of St. Louis from Roosevelt Field in 1927, completing the first transatlantic flight. The 1920s saw the transformation of the area from backwoods and farms as developers created numerous suburbs and residents flocked from the congestion of the city to the relative calm found in the outlying neighborhoods.
The distinctive aesthetic and incredible detail of this Rand McNally production immediately transports the viewer back in time, and this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical History.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.