- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1922 Queens New York Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1922 Framed New York City Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published by iconic American map producers Rand McNally, this depiction of Queens, New York shows the famous New York borough in a period of tremendous growth and prosperity. Geographically the largest borough in New York is also the second-largest in population. Established in 1683 as one of the first counties in New York, the borough is the most linguistically diverse place on earth.
The early twentieth century allowed residents greater access via rail lines and spurred growth throughout the city. The construction of steel and glass buildings was transforming the architecture of the city, and the population had doubled in size and was only continuing to expand. The completion of the Queensboro Bridge and tunnels under the East River allowed residents to commute for work in neighboring boroughs.
Long Island extends into Queens and is home to some of the most iconic scenes in American History. The longest and most significant island in the contiguous US, Long Island stretches from New York Harbor to Montauk Point in the east. Charles Lindbergh launched the famous Spirit of St. Louis from Roosevelt Field in 1927, completing the first transatlantic flight. The 1920s saw the transformation of the area from backwoods and farms as developers created numerous suburbs and residents flocked from the congestion of the city to the relative calm found in the outlying neighborhoods.
The distinctive aesthetic and incredible detail of this Rand McNally production immediately transports the viewer back in time, and this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical History.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.