- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1923 Monroe New York Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1923 Monroe Map of NY. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Illustrated and published by the prolific American artist Oakley Hoopes Bailey whose career spanned five decades and began with his start in Madison, Wisconsin. Birdseye perspectives were one of the most popular illustration styles of the nineteenth century and served as marketing materials that featured notable civic and geographical features. The unique style and immediately recognizable aesthetic immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. Bailey was among the most popular perspective illustrators and produced nearly four hundred panoramic maps throughout his career.
One of the rarest features of this panorama is the inclusion of airplanes as advances in aeronautical technology proliferated in the early parts of the twentieth century. These advances would lead to further advances in aerial photography, which would eventually replace birds-eye perspectives. Monroe was settled predominantly by English and Dutch immigrants coming from Long Island for the region's abundance of natural resources. The town was named for President and Founding Father James Monroe. It is also the site of the Clove Road which would prove vital to General George Washington in his escape from New York to New Windsor during the American Revolution.
This stunning depiction shows Monroe in a period of growth, prosperity, and evolution as the nation emerged from the nineteenth century and raced toward modernity. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that provides a glimpse into the past while demonstrating the traditions, historical significance, and distinct culture of the Hudson Valley.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.