- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1924 Bexar County San Antonio City Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1924 Bexar County Map of San Antonio Texas. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published by noted San Antonio bookseller Nic Tenng’s firm, this unique depiction of the famed Texas city shows it in a time of great transition. Tenng’s bookstore became a downtown institution in San Antonio and remained in operation for over ninety years. Produced after the conclusion of World War I, San Antonio was becoming home to numerous military bases, which would continue to drive the local economy and culture for the remainder of the 20th century.
The distinctive aesthetic of this publication immediately transports the viewer back in time, and San Antonio was experiencing tremendous growth in the 1920s. The city was linked to Monterrey, Mexico by rail, and this led to the establishment of a thriving Mexican American community that remains to this day. The city was the major hub of migrant workforces in the early twentieth century, and the communities attracted immigrants from Northern Mexico. The city is still considered the Mexican-American capital of the United States.
Franciscan Friars had established many missions throughout the 19th century, and the Catholic influence is still found in the cities architecture. The historic preservation of one of San Antonio’s most iconic spaces, The Alamo, begin in 1883, and the equally iconic Riverwalk was founded in 1913 as the city beautified the bend in the San Antonio River, creating a space for restaurants, natural features, and public artwork.
Each spring San Antonio is host to the Fiesta, a celebration of Mexican-American culture and the cities rich history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.