Published by noted San Antonio bookseller Nic Tenng’s firm, this unique depiction of the famed Texas city shows it in a time of great transition. Tenng’s bookstore became a downtown institution in San Antonio and remained in operation for over ninety years. Produced after the conclusion of World War I, San Antonio was becoming home to numerous military bases, which would continue to drive the local economy and culture for the remainder of the 20th century.
The distinctive aesthetic of this publication immediately transports the viewer back in time, and San Antonio was experiencing tremendous growth in the 1920s. The city was linked to Monterrey, Mexico by rail, and this led to the establishment of a thriving Mexican American community that remains to this day. The city was the major hub of migrant workforces in the early twentieth century, and the communities attracted immigrants from Northern Mexico. The city is still considered the Mexican-American capital of the United States.
Franciscan Friars had established many missions throughout the 19th century, and the Catholic influence is still found in the cities architecture. The historic preservation of one of San Antonio’s most iconic spaces, The Alamo, begin in 1883, and the equally iconic Riverwalk was founded in 1913 as the city beautified the bend in the San Antonio River, creating a space for restaurants, natural features, and public artwork.
Each spring San Antonio is host to the Fiesta, a celebration of Mexican-American culture and the cities rich history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1924 San Antonio Map Poster . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1924 San Antonio Map Poster . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18x24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.