- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1925 Map of Europe. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1925 Map of Europe. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This distinctive illustration of Europe in 1925 bears the signature aesthetic of American cartographer George Washington Bacon, whose unique style would remain in vogue until the mid-1950s. Produced only six years after the Treaty of Versailles officially ended World War I, this map depicts Europe in a period of significant transition and growth.
While the United States was experiencing the so-called ‘Roaring Twenties,’ with fashion and societal progressiveness, Europe was starting to rebuild after the devastation of the War. This rebuilding would allow countries like France to experience a renaissance of the arts, literature, and cultural dynamism. The War had an unintended consequence of causing an economic boom, and by 1925 this boom was felt throughout Europe, and nations were flourishing.
National boundaries were re-established following the War, with Poland emerging as a sovereign nation, as well as the foundation of the multinational state, which would eventually become Yugoslavia. Czechoslovakia was formed by merging the former Kingdom of Bohemia with parts of the Kingdom of Hungary to become yet another new independent nation. Russia became the Soviet Union and Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia received independence.
In many ways, the eruption of World War I marked the transition of Europe, and the rest of the world into modernity. The War saw the last to see horses in combat and the first to see aviation used in military campaigns. This unique depiction of Europe in this period is immediately recognizable and is truly an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.