- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1925 Europe Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1925 Europe Wall Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
This distinctive illustration of Europe in 1925 bears the signature aesthetic of American cartographer George Washington Bacon, whose unique style would remain in vogue until the mid-1950s. Produced only six years after the Treaty of Versailles officially ended World War I, this map depicts Europe in a period of significant transition and growth.
While the United States was experiencing the so-called ‘Roaring Twenties,’ with fashion and societal progressiveness, Europe was starting to rebuild after the devastation of the War. This rebuilding would allow countries like France to experience a renaissance of the arts, literature, and cultural dynamism. The War had an unintended consequence of causing an economic boom, and by 1925 this boom was felt throughout Europe, and nations were flourishing.
National boundaries were re-established following the War, with Poland emerging as a sovereign nation, as well as the foundation of the multinational state, which would eventually become Yugoslavia. Czechoslovakia was formed by merging the former Kingdom of Bohemia with parts of the Kingdom of Hungary to become yet another new independent nation. Russia became the Soviet Union and Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia received independence.
In many ways, the eruption of World War I marked the transition of Europe, and the rest of the world into modernity. The War saw the last to see horses in combat and the first to see aviation used in military campaigns. This unique depiction of Europe in this period is immediately recognizable and is truly an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.