- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1925 Europe Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1925 Wall Map of Europe. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
This distinctive illustration of Europe in 1925 bears the signature aesthetic of American cartographer George Washington Bacon, whose unique style would remain in vogue until the mid-1950s. Produced only six years after the Treaty of Versailles officially ended World War I, this map depicts Europe in a period of significant transition and growth.
While the United States was experiencing the so-called ‘Roaring Twenties,’ with fashion and societal progressiveness, Europe was starting to rebuild after the devastation of the War. This rebuilding would allow countries like France to experience a renaissance of the arts, literature, and cultural dynamism. The War had an unintended consequence of causing an economic boom, and by 1925 this boom was felt throughout Europe, and nations were flourishing.
National boundaries were re-established following the War, with Poland emerging as a sovereign nation, as well as the foundation of the multinational state, which would eventually become Yugoslavia. Czechoslovakia was formed by merging the former Kingdom of Bohemia with parts of the Kingdom of Hungary to become yet another new independent nation. Russia became the Soviet Union and Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia received independence.
In many ways, the eruption of World War I marked the transition of Europe, and the rest of the world into modernity. The War saw the last to see horses in combat and the first to see aviation used in military campaigns. This unique depiction of Europe in this period is immediately recognizable and is truly an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.