- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1926 Proposed Great Smoky Mountains Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1926 Smoky Mountains Poster Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24 and 24x30) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Before being established in 1940 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt the Great Smoky National Park was a vision for a grand national park in the East to rival the iconic Rocky Mountain National Park. Congress authorized the building of a park however there was no centralized federal land around which to build a park.
This beautifully restored and enhanced 1926 map depicts the proposed land use for the establishment of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park by the US Geological Services. This raw illustration comes alive with our restoration and Museum quality printing process. Archival ink on heavy matte stock creates depth and character transporting the viewer to a time and place in history with never before seen detail. This is the perfect gift for any history lover and makes a handsome addition to any study, office, classroom, or library.
Spanning across Tennessee and North Carolina this proposed map was a framework for what has become one of the United States’ greatest attractions, with millions of tourists annually basking in the grandeur of the rolling hills and early Appalachian history. The park also contains southern portions of the Appalachian Trail, a national treasure which presents one of the worlds longest through hikes, attracting more than 2 million hikers every year.
Ready to frame, your museum quality restored print will come rolled in a sturdy cardboard tube to ensure 100% satisfaction. Reconnect with history in an aesthetically compelling and visually stunning way with our reproduction map of the Proposed Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.