- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1935 Galveston Texas Map Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1935 Galveston Texas Vintage Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
This land ownership map of Galveston County was originally produced in 1891 and raced in April 1935 by Jas. Woodland. These unique maps were created to indicate owner plot number and in many cases the property owners names. Land ownership maps are less common and share an interesting perspective on the history of towns and cities.
Our digitally restored and enhanced reproduction is color corrected and updated to reconstruct the quality of this historical map. Galveston in 1891 was a thriving international port and one of the main entries to the United States and a central hub for trade in Texas. The main street called The Strand was even referred to as “The Wall Street of the South.”
Galveston was very successful during the post Civil War reconstruction and this map depicts the rich history of the region and the progressive civil rights movement that flourished on the island. Immigrant families often remained on the island after their arrival in the United States due to the flourishing economy and excellent education. Galveston was also the hometown of the greatest pugilist of the era Jack Johnson.
This handsome reproduction is printed on heavy matte paper with museum quality archival ink and is an ideal gift for the history fan in your life. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to frame. Our digital restorations and enhancements update this map and create a stunning piece of decor that makes a perfect addition to any home, office, classroom, or library.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.