- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1937 Hollywood Map of California. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1937 Hollywood Map of Los Angeles California. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published during one of the golden eras of Hollywood, this unique depiction of both movie stars and the city of Los Angeles itself bears a distinctive aesthetic that provides a glimpse into a bygone era. Films had become very popular during the Depression Era, and this production was advertised as a Moviegraph. Theaters had offered affordable entertainment and a haven for fans of all ages in the 1920s and 30s, and productions like this served as promotional tools to build careers and create the lore of Hollywood.
The 1930s were the Golden Age of Hollywood and the peak of the studio system. Technological advances in film and audio allowed both color and sound to be available in full-length features. These advances, along with the construction of theaters across the nation, expanded the popularity of films and laid the foundation for what would become a mythic location both culturally and economically. The latter portion of the 1930s saw the city expanding rapidly as the film industry grew.
This illustration featured prominent celebrities of the time and their homes and notable locations throughout Los Angeles. This was created as a birds-eye perspective, a popular style since the middle portion of the nineteenth century. As Hollywood and the film industry’s influence grew, these depictions became popular with fans across the nation. This is an authentic piece of film and cartographic history that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible link between the past and present.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.