- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1938 Oahu Hawaii Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1938 Oahu Map of Hawaii Canvas Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published two decades before the territory would achieve statehood, this depiction of Oahu contains remarkable detail. By the 1930s, the archipelago had seen substantial investment in sugar and pineapple agriculture and the expanded presence of the United States military. Established as the military’s Pacific outpost, the islands would become a pivotal force three years later with the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor on the south shore of Oahu. This attack would transform work history and mark the entry of the nation into World War II.
The 1930s were a time of growth for the island and tourism had become an integral part of the local economies. Especially popular were the so-called ‘beach boys of Waikiki’ who delighted tourists with their prowess in the water. By this era, Hawaii had become the largest exporter of pineapple in the world, and immigrants flocked from Korea, Portugal, and Puerto Rico to work the pineapple and sugarcane fields. Pineapple farming was Hawaii’s second-largest industry in the 1930s.
This topographic map also contains Hawaiian words in the legend, a unique feature not found on many maps from this era as the territory saw more immigrants from the United States. The 1930s were a period of significant change as agricultural exports built fortunes and tourists eager to experience tropical paradise flocked to the newly constructed resorts and beaches. Before the attack on Pearl Harbor, Oahu was famed for its natural beauty and inviting locals, and this stunning depiction transports the viewer back in time.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.