- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1938 Island of Oahu Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1938 Island of Oahu Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published two decades before the territory would achieve statehood, this depiction of Oahu contains remarkable detail. By the 1930s, the archipelago had seen substantial investment in sugar and pineapple agriculture and the expanded presence of the United States military. Established as the military’s Pacific outpost, the islands would become a pivotal force three years later with the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor on the south shore of Oahu. This attack would transform work history and mark the entry of the nation into World War II.
The 1930s were a time of growth for the island and tourism had become an integral part of the local economies. Especially popular were the so-called ‘beach boys of Waikiki’ who delighted tourists with their prowess in the water. By this era, Hawaii had become the largest exporter of pineapple in the world, and immigrants flocked from Korea, Portugal, and Puerto Rico to work the pineapple and sugarcane fields. Pineapple farming was Hawaii’s second-largest industry in the 1930s.
This topographic map also contains Hawaiian words in the legend, a unique feature not found on many maps from this era as the territory saw more immigrants from the United States. The 1930s were a period of significant change as agricultural exports built fortunes and tourists eager to experience tropical paradise flocked to the newly constructed resorts and beaches. Before the attack on Pearl Harbor, Oahu was famed for its natural beauty and inviting locals, and this stunning depiction transports the viewer back in time.
Our museum quality giclee Oahu wall art print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your map of Hawaii Oahu print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map Oahu reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.