- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1949 Framed California Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1949 Map of California Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
The Spanish settlers of California began construction missions in 1769 from San Diego north to Sonoma for nearly sixty years. Their enduring architectural legacy stands as one of the deep cultural landmarks of California's rich history. The signature red tile roofs and whitewashed walls make these missions uniform aesthetically, and they were constructed approximately thirty miles apart, which was roughly a day's journey by horseback. The iconic Mission Bells also make these grand structures stand out.
Published with both the mission trail as well as each of the twenty-one missions detailed on the insets, this map allows the viewer to develop a complete mental image of the significance and accomplishment that the completion of this undertaking meant to the Spanish missionaries and their acolyte's.
Compiled and illustrated by noted American geologist William Newman this depiction also details the significance of Spanish Friar Miguel Jose Serra, who founded and oversaw the construction of the first nine missions. Serra was beatified in 1988 and canonized in 2015 for his missionary efforts throughout Spanish territories.
The Missions Trail is famous among religious tourists as well as fans of historic structures and architecture and follows the original Camino Real, which is located near present-day Highway 101. These missions still operate today with tours as well as Mass conducted each Sunday by Franciscan friars and provide An indelible link to the past. The distinctive aesthetic of this map immediately transports the viewer back in time and is truly an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.