- HISTORIC PRINT REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1950 Travel to Ireland the Easy Way Poster Print. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order posters are made in the USA and each print is inspected for quality. This historic print is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage prints look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality poster print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use high-end printing equipment with professional quality paper and ink. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays images beautifully.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1950 Fly Aer Lingus Ireland Wall Art Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic print and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our prints are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each print is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid envelope/tube. The Historic Prints logo watermark will not appear in the print.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old posters have tears, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance vintage posters while keeping its historical character. All our prints are proudly made in the USA. Looking for a specific print size? Please contact us. Customers all over the world love our vintage prints and we know you will too.
Aer Lingus was founded in 1936 and remains an enduring symbol of Irish pride and international travel. This advertisement, produced during the 1950s, was intended to attract tourists to the island to explore their ancestral homelands following centuries of Irish immigration to the United States. During the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, thousands of Irish citizens immigrated to America looking for economic opportunity and finding communities that had already been established that bore their distinct culture and traditions. By the 1950s, Irish Americans had helped shape the nation and were among the most populous immigrant groups in the country.
During the 1950s, tourism was a burgeoning economic opportunity for Ireland, and Americans were traveling to the country to explore its idyllic countryside and the history and heritage in larger towns like Dublin and Belfast. Advances in aviation technology allowed tourists to reduce their travel times significantly compared to traveling by ship, which had become the norm by this time. The distinctive style and unique aesthetic of this poster which merges imagery of Northern Europe and Ireland with luggage and the iconic shamrock, are trademarks of the periods' artistic movements and immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating a bond between the past and present.
Following the conclusion of World War II, Americans were experiencing a period of significant prosperity and exploring the world. Tourism and vacationing had become one of the most popular ways for Americans to spend their time off, and this is a piece of aviation's storied history.