- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1954 New York City Subway Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1954 Subway Map of New York Canvas Poster. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
This classic depiction of the five boroughs and the subway underneath them hearkens back to the images of New York City’s rich history and the vibrancy and unique divergence of culture that each borough represents. This art deco-style map is restored and reproduced with striking vibrancy. The 1950’s were a booming time in the city following the end of World War II.
New York City was poised to become the true global center as many of the other great cities in the world lay in ruins following the war. New York was about to experience a boon in growth and development. Midtown Manhattan was becoming the glass towered landscape that is recognizable today, as the East Village became the center of bohemian art and literature. New York began to rival the financial hub of London and the art center of Paris.
The subway became an international icon of the city and this map created by the Union Dime bank in the style of the time details the different lines and stops that connected all points throughout the city. The subway became the great equalizer with traffic from every class and riders all sharing the same cars it became a metaphor for the diversity of the city itself.
Our museum-quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on a heavy matte stock. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves postwar history and imagery.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study, or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.