- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1960 Cuba Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1960 Map of Cuba Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published one year after Fidel Castro’s revolution took political control of Cuba’s government, this Central Intelligence Map bears a distinctive style and signature aesthetic. The CIA has produced the most detailed and accurate geopolitical maps since 1941, and these are utilized by political and military leaders to develop and implement foreign policy, diplomatic relations, and strategy. The United States initially believed Castro’s success would lead to the spread of Democracy across Central and Latin America; his Agrarian Reform Law nationalized privately held land and led to a deterioration in international diplomacy between the two nations.
Because the CIA maps are created to depict the most up-to-date boundaries, borders, and political developments, they are immediately recognizable and have a minimal elegance. Castro signed an agreement with Soviet Vice-Premier Anastas Mikoyan, which led to further tensions as the Cold War ramped up. President Dwight Eisenhower developed a plan with the CIA in 1960 to send agents to train Cuban refugees to stage a coup and oust Castro from power. This came to be known as the Bay of Pigs Invasion and was attempted under President John F. Kennedy. The Cuban military suppressed the invasion, and the US began a period marked by strict sanctions and increased tension between Cuba and The United States.
The following decades saw the iconic nation lose international prominence as economic and trade sanctions stifled the economy, and strict rule by Castro’s regime slowed cultural progress. This is an authentic piece of international cartographic history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.