- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1961 Caribbean America Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1961 Caribbean Wall Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
CIA map productions were an integral part of intelligence planning and geopolitical policy. They relied on geographers and cartographers to produce highly accurate, detailed maps with a signature style that is immediately recognizable. Produced in the same year as the infamous Bay of Bigs attempt at an invasion of Cuba by anti-Castro forces, this is an authentic piece of American cartographical history and an essential artifact of Cold-War America. The Caribbean's rich history is entwined with America's. Following the success of Castro's revolution in 1859, the CIA would have maintained thorough depictions of the region for use by political and military leaders.
The Caribbean is a vast range of islands that have been ruled by Spain, France, England, and The United States since Columbus' landing in 1492. As the primary shipping channel for American exports to Europe, the importance of the region cannot be understated. Cuba's position as the largest island in the area and its proximity to the southernmost portion of the United States gave it a critical position in the geopolitical climate of the 1960s. As the Soviet Union boosted Cuba's military, tensions increased between the United States and Cuba.
The waters of the Caribbean draw millions of tourists annually and are home to large migratory patterns for fish and turtles as well as their iconic crystal clear waters and coral reefs. The completion of the Panama Canal in 1914 transformed the region's economy and connected the Atlantic and Pacific oceans creating faster shipping routes and increasing international trade.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.