Published two years after its establishment, this map of global Peace Corps sites shows the reach and presence of its volunteers in a period of significant transition for the United States and this dedicated organization. Founded to create economic and social development throughout the world by empowering young college graduates with the skills and training to go abroad and establish peaceful community engagement in less developed nations.
By working with local non-profit and non-government organizations, Peace Corps volunteers work for two years within local communities to help them with a diverse range of training. With education and entrepreneurial courses that cover health, infrastructure, technology, and the environment, the Peace Corps has worked since its inception to help developing communities thrive and achieve healthy, peaceful communities.
President Kennedy signed an executive order in 1961 to officially found the Peace Corps, and this map published five years later shows the reach the organization had reached in that short period of time. 1966 saw the organization reach its largest enrollment since its inception with over fifteen thousand members. Kennedy believed in the importance of self-sacrifice and volunteerism, and the Peace Corps was founded with these same ideals.
The organization’s global reach spreads not only education and community outreach but also strives to be a voice of progress in these communities. Since its foundation more than 235,000 Americans have served in the Peace Corps in 141 countries across the globe, this map shows the organization at a time of growth and expansion.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1966 Map of Peace Corps Around the World . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1966 Map of Peace Corps Around the World . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 16x24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.