- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1966 Lunar Moon Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1966 Lunar Moon Map Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published eight years after the first NASA Satellite, Explorer I, launched into orbit, this unique Lunar mosaic map takes the viewer back in time, immediately conjuring images of the space race and a period of significant transition within the United States. Produced from images produced with remote sensing technologies and then patched together, this mosaic effect allowed scientists and the general population alike an unparalleled understanding of the topography of the moon.
Though The United States Apollo 11 expedition would not conduct the moonwalk until 1969, the decade leading up this historic moment found the world enthralled by which nation would be the first to plant their flag on the moon. The Soviet Union and the United States were both rapidly developing new technologies in an effort to lay claim to the most advanced spaceflight and orbital satellites. The race is considered to have peaked with the United States landing on the moon, displaying a dominant force and forever shaping History.
1966 was a pivotal time for space exploration, and the successful docking of the Gemini VIII to the Agena target vehicle displayed the ability to moor two ships together, which would ultimately enable the moon landing.
The technical imagery combined with the unique aesthetic of this map gives the viewer a sense of the magnitude and scale of what was being attempted in the race to the moon; the 1960s is one of the most iconic periods in American History, and the space race largely defined the era.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.