- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1966 Map of the Moon. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1966 Moon Art Print. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published eight years after the first NASA Satellite, Explorer I, launched into orbit, this unique Lunar mosaic map takes the viewer back in time, immediately conjuring images of the space race and a period of significant transition within the United States. Produced from images produced with remote sensing technologies and then patched together, this mosaic effect allowed scientists and the general population alike an unparalleled understanding of the topography of the moon.
Though The United States Apollo 11 expedition would not conduct the moonwalk until 1969, the decade leading up this historic moment found the world enthralled by which nation would be the first to plant their flag on the moon. The Soviet Union and the United States were both rapidly developing new technologies in an effort to lay claim to the most advanced spaceflight and orbital satellites. The race is considered to have peaked with the United States landing on the moon, displaying a dominant force and forever shaping History.
1966 was a pivotal time for space exploration, and the successful docking of the Gemini VIII to the Agena target vehicle displayed the ability to moor two ships together, which would ultimately enable the moon landing.
The technical imagery combined with the unique aesthetic of this map gives the viewer a sense of the magnitude and scale of what was being attempted in the race to the moon; the 1960s is one of the most iconic periods in American History, and the space race largely defined the era.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.