- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1795 World Map Poster Canvas Art. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1795 World Map Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published by prominent Irish-American businessman Mathew Carey, this unique depiction of the globe is historically significant. It was produced only a decade following the conclusion of the American Revolution. Americans and Europeans alike were eager for updated maps that showed contemporary geopolitical boundaries and naval routes. The detailed inclusion of Captain Cook’s voyages provides another layer of historical significance and makes this an authentic piece of cartographical and nautical history. Engraved by prolific Philadelphia-based Thackara & Vallance, the distinctive style and classic aesthetic of this illustration immediately transport the viewer back in time, developing a bond between the past and present.
Carey fled Ireland in 1784 after publishing two nationalist newspapers and settled in Philadelphia in 1784. His publishing company became one of the most recognized sources for information, and Carey grew into a prominent national political figure with support from John Adams. He also published the first Roman Catholic Bible in the United States in forty-eight installments, which would become known as the Carey Bible. Carey would go on to serve in the American Philosophical Society and was vocal in his support of a robust naval presence.
By 1795 European control in North America was waning, and the Pinckney Treaty allowed American use of the Port of New Orleans, which expanded access via the Mississippi River and set the Louisiana Purchase in motion. Thomas Jefferson would complete the transaction in 1803 and give the United States control of the crucial waterway that would transform the American economy for decades.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.