- VINTAGE MAP CANVAS ART: You’ll love this high-quality canvas art reproduction of 1983 Soviet Union Map Canvas. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1983 Map of the Soviet Union Poster Print. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY CANVAS: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (400gsm), satin/gloss, American made canvas. Our canvas is OBA-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. The canvas displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality canvas print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality canvas wrap wall art displays beautifully in almost any environment. The stretcher bar is made out of kiln-dried poplar wood. This canvas wall art has a 1.5 inch wrap on each side. Our canvas wrap prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published as the Soviet Union began to transition to a reformation government under Mikhail Gorbachev, this CIA map depicts the Union in a time of significant cultural and economic shift. Years of sanctions imposed by the United States during the cold war and massive defense spending by the government had stagnated the economy, and citizens felt the brunt of these economic conditions. The death of Leonid Brezhnev in 1982 left a power vacuum that would eventually be overtaken by Gorbachev, who would lead until the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991.
Under Gorbachev's rule, greater social and political freedoms were granted, and there was widespread criticism of the communist system. The Soviet Union toppled in 1991 when Boris Yeltsin seized power from Gorbachev following several republics resisting control from the central government and a failed coup that attempted to unseat Gorbachev.
The CIA produces geopolitical maps to allow intelligence, military, and government officials to plan international strategy and maintain clear images of a region's cultures, boundaries, and potential for impact to US Foreign Policy interests. Their distinctive aesthetic known for concision, clarity, and accuracy allows the viewer to better understand the history of the region and how it affects future events. Russia's history and sheer vastness have created a distinct culture with substantial regional differences. The Cold War and tensions with the United States have existed since the conclusion of World War II, and these CIA produced maps were integral to American foreign policy and are genuine pieces of cartographical history.
Our ready-to-hang canvas wall art prints are made in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.