- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1988 Kenya Map Print. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1988 Map of Kenya Wall Art. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
After gaining independence from British colonial rule in 1963, Kenya’s multi-ethnic state was rapidly expanding and establishing an independent economy. Kenya boasts the largest and most prosperous economy in eastern and central Africa, and the proximity to the Indian Ocean as well as inland ports on Lake Victoria allow the nation to thrive with a robust exportation and tourism industry. Agricultural exports make up the bulk, with thriving coffee and tea cultivation.
The Kenyan coast has been a thriving market place for centuries with early European explorers as well as Chinese and Indian traders. The Portuguese were the first Europeans to establish trade on the Kenyan coast as early as the 1500s. While the coast has been an integral part of the country’s economy, its border on Lake Victoria is of equal significance. The ninth-largest lake in the world, Victoria, is relied on for both interstate transportation as well as local fishing industries.
Kenya’s economy was thriving in the 1980s, and newly adopted trade policies were looking outward to expand exportation and focus on creating jobs while developing more reliable infrastructure. These policies focused on reducing inequality and poverty for the post-colonial economy. This decade also found the nation in a state of political transition as the rise of a multi-party government gained momentum. Kenya found itself in a period of significant change and development in the 1980s and 1990s and became one of Africa’s most prominent nations with bustling ports and cities alike.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.