- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1988 Kenya Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1988 Kenya Map Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
After gaining independence from British colonial rule in 1963, Kenya’s multi-ethnic state was rapidly expanding and establishing an independent economy. Kenya boasts the largest and most prosperous economy in eastern and central Africa, and the proximity to the Indian Ocean as well as inland ports on Lake Victoria allow the nation to thrive with a robust exportation and tourism industry. Agricultural exports make up the bulk, with thriving coffee and tea cultivation.
The Kenyan coast has been a thriving market place for centuries with early European explorers as well as Chinese and Indian traders. The Portuguese were the first Europeans to establish trade on the Kenyan coast as early as the 1500s. While the coast has been an integral part of the country’s economy, its border on Lake Victoria is of equal significance. The ninth-largest lake in the world, Victoria, is relied on for both interstate transportation as well as local fishing industries.
Kenya’s economy was thriving in the 1980s, and newly adopted trade policies were looking outward to expand exportation and focus on creating jobs while developing more reliable infrastructure. These policies focused on reducing inequality and poverty for the post-colonial economy. This decade also found the nation in a state of political transition as the rise of a multi-party government gained momentum. Kenya found itself in a period of significant change and development in the 1980s and 1990s and became one of Africa’s most prominent nations with bustling ports and cities alike.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.