- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1990 Great Smoky Mountains Trail Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1990 Great Smoky Mountains Trail Map Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This guide and trail map of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park highlights the North Carolina, Tennessee border, and the Appalachian Trail. Every trail and campsite has been indexed for a thorough depiction of this iconic piece of the American wilderness.
Clingman’s Dome, Charlies Bunion, and Mount Cammerer, among other popular routes, are portrayed in this piece of modern cartographical history. More than 71 miles of the Appalachian Trail is found in this region of Tennessee and North Carolina, where it enters at Fontana Dam and exits at Davenport Gap. This section of the trail was the first to be hiked by the original architects of the Appalachian Trail before the path was even complete. The trail transverses the two states borders at the Newfound Gap, which is the lowest crossing through the Great Smoky Mountains.
Just south of the gap, visitors find the road to Clingman’s Dome, the highest peak in the Smokies at 6,643 feet, and the third-highest point east of the Mississippi River. The Dome provides one of the most iconic views in America, and on clear days it can extend over one hundred miles.
Designated a National Park in 1934, the diverse ecological systems in the park provide year-round attractions and comprise one of the largest intact forest systems in North America. Containing deciduous, temperate, and old-growth forests, the park is a true icon of the Southeastern United States; the park adjoins several other national forests contributing to a connected natural landscape and matchless ecological variety.
This map was published in 1990 by the United States National Park Service.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your Smoky Mountain map print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching Tennessee art, Appalachian map print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history.