- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1990 Map of the Philippines. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1990 Map of the Philippines. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published one year before the eruption of Mount Pinatubo, which was the second-largest eruption of the 20th century, this geopolitical map produced by the CIA would have been a useful tool in strategic planning and political diplomacy. The archipelago country is the fifth-largest island nation in the world, and it’s proximity to China, Malaysia, Japan, and South Asia makes it an essential piece of diplomatic relations near the South China Sea and the Pacific Ocean.
In 1990 the Philippines also experienced the Luzon volcano eruption, which struck just north of the Capital, Manila, causing extensive damage. The Philippines endured both of these eruptions and rebuilt after each with foreign aid. The American military has long utilized the importance of the nation’s geographical location, and in 1992 negotiations successfully extended the military’s presence on the island. Many branches of the US Military have a presence on the island. Still, the Naval bases are of great importance, especially Subic Bay, which was initially established by the Spanish in 1885, and decommissioned in 1992.
The Philippines is an important ally, and the US-Filipino trade produces some 17.3 billion in revenue annually. The nation’s strategic location and friendly relations with the US have made it one of the more prosperous countries in the region, and Filipino’s have a proud heritage and unique culture.
The distinctive aesthetic of geopolitical maps depicts nations as they stand regarding political diplomacy, and international strategic planning. These maps are unique pieces of modern cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.