- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1991 Operation Desert Storm Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1991 Operation Desert Storm Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Prepared and published by the Defense Mapping Agency, this strategic map of the Middle East provides a detailed depiction of the region that was utilized during the planning of Desert Storm in late 1990. The Gulf War, which had been codenamed Desert Storm, was sparked by the Iraqi invasion of neighboring gulf state Kuwait. President George H.W. Bush, in coalition with British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, deployed more than five hundred thousand US troops in the region bolstered with forces from the UK, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Australia, and more. The efforts became an allegiance of the largest allied nations since World War II.
The initial conflict to remove Iraqi troops from Kuwait was kicked off with aerial and naval bombardment, which lasted five weeks, followed by a six-month ground invasion that liberated Kuwait and advanced into Iraq. Iraq had long been an ally of the Soviet Union and was attempting to take control of Kuwait due to its valued proximity to coastal ports, which were crucial to the exportation of oil globally. The conflict was the first to have live news broadcasts from the frontlines.
The unique aesthetic and style of this map create a sense for the scope and scale of the invasion and allows the viewer to be transported back in time, and this is an authentic piece of cartographical and Military History. The coalition’s ultimate victory would result in a peace treaty conducted in an alliance held territory of Iraq.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.