- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1991 Operation Desert Storm Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1991 Wall Map of Middle East. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
By the Defense Mapping Agency, this strategic map of the Middle East provides a detailed depiction of the region that was utilized during the planning of Desert Storm in late 1990. The Gulf War, which had been codenamed Desert Storm, was sparked by the Iraqi invasion of neighboring gulf state Kuwait. President George H.W. Bush, in coalition with British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, deployed more than five hundred thousand US troops in the region bolstered with forces from the UK, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Australia, and more. The efforts became an allegiance of the largest allied nations since World War II.
The initial conflict to remove Iraqi troops from Kuwait was kicked off with aerial and naval bombardment, which lasted five weeks, followed by a six-month ground invasion that liberated Kuwait and advanced into Iraq. Iraq had long been an ally of the Soviet Union and was attempting to take control of Kuwait due to its valued proximity to coastal ports, which were crucial to the exportation of oil globally. The conflict was the first to have live news broadcasts from the frontlines.
The unique aesthetic and style of this map create a sense for the scope and scale of the invasion and allows the viewer to be transported back in time, and this is an authentic piece of cartographical and Military History. The coalition’s ultimate victory would result in a peace treaty conducted in an alliance held territory of Iraq.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.