- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1998 Mediterranean Basin Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1998 Mediterranean Basin Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published in 1998, this CIA produced map of the Mediterranean Basin bears the distinct aesthetic of intelligence maps and illustrates the geophysical and geopolitical features of one of history’s most storied regions. With Southern Europe as its northern boundary, Africa to the South, and the Middle East bordering as well, the diversity and wide range of cultures in the region mark its unique blend of cultures and history.
United States intelligence agencies use these publications, and their signature style has been one of the chief tools of American intelligence for over seventy-five years. While some CIA produced maps have remained top secret, the agency has de-classified others making these rare publications authentic pieces of American cartographical history.
Cartographic support has been crucial in planning war efforts, and productions of this nature allow leaders and military figures critical information regarding different regions and their geopolitical differences. The Mediterranean, due to the vast diversity of the region and numerous cultures that live in the area, presents a remarkable set of challenges for policy decisions.
The Mediterranean Sea itself provided crucial trade routes since ancient times and is responsible for the exchange of culture and information that developed into the modern era. The Sea connects to the Atlantic Ocean at the Straits of Gibraltar, and the relatively short distance allowed for various groups and civilizations throughout history. This critical region and the cultures and nations it is comprised of have been influential in nearly every aspect of western history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.