- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1998 Mediterranean Map Poster. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1998 Map of Mediterranean Art Print. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 12x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x48) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
Published in 1998, this CIA produced map of the Mediterranean Basin bears the distinct aesthetic of intelligence maps and illustrates the geophysical and geopolitical features of one of history’s most storied regions. With Southern Europe as its northern boundary, Africa to the South, and the Middle East bordering as well, the diversity and wide range of cultures in the region mark its unique blend of cultures and history.
United States intelligence agencies use these publications, and their signature style has been one of the chief tools of American intelligence for over seventy-five years. While some CIA produced maps have remained top secret, the agency has de-classified others making these rare publications authentic pieces of American cartographical history.
Cartographic support has been crucial in planning war efforts, and productions of this nature allow leaders and military figures critical information regarding different regions and their geopolitical differences. The Mediterranean, due to the vast diversity of the region and numerous cultures that live in the area, presents a remarkable set of challenges for policy decisions.
The Mediterranean Sea itself provided crucial trade routes since ancient times and is responsible for the exchange of culture and information that developed into the modern era. The Sea connects to the Atlantic Ocean at the Straits of Gibraltar, and the relatively short distance allowed for various groups and civilizations throughout history. This critical region and the cultures and nations it is comprised of have been influential in nearly every aspect of western history.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.