Guatemala’s rich history, unique bio-diversity, and contributions to Central America reflect the necessity for US intelligence agencies to create maps depicting geopolitical lines and international boundaries. It’s proximity to the Pacific Ocean makes it susceptible to natural disasters, which can create economic instability in any region. Guatemala has the largest economy in Central America and exports raw materials for the emerging biofuel industry. Also, some two million tourists visit the country annually, spurring a thriving tourist industry with visitors eager to explore the nation’s lush rainforest and beaches.
Published four years after the 1996 Peace Accords, this CIA produced map bears an unmistakable aesthetic and is an authentic piece of cartographical history. The Peace Accords came in the wake of the countries Civil War and marked a time of political harmony and cooperation. Guatemala had been at war internally since 1960, and the peace accords mark a turning point for the nation and its citizens.
Since 1821 Guatemala has been an independent nation and was the core of the Mayan civilization. While the country is primarily mountainous, it contains fourteen unique ecoregions ranging from mangrove forests on the coasts to oceanic landscapes that contain five distinct ecosystems. Guatemala is also home to the Maya Biosphere Reserve, which is the second-largest forest in Central America. The nation also has some 67 volcanoes, which has caused the relocation of the capital three times. Guatemala’s rich history and unique geopolitical proximity have informed each other and developed distinct traditions.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of Guatemala Map Poster Mapa de Guatemala . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of Guatemala Map Poster Mapa de Guatemala . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.