Generated in 2001, this map of present-day Vietnam details the roads, railways, and international borders. Created by the CIA, there are also lays out the cities and transportation routes in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and southern China.
Significantly Vietnam amended its constitution in 2001, which had been initially enacted in 1992. The history of Vietnam is rich and storied, dating back to the Paleolithic era. The first colonizers in the region were the Portuguese, who established a presence as early as 1500 and erected a stone stele to mark their discovery. Trade routes were built in the area, and exploration and colonization continued, eventually leading to the French rule of what was then considered Indochina.
Divided between North and South, Vietnam was in turmoil following a Japanese occupation during World War II. July 1845 marked the division of the country at the 16th Parallel to allow for a Japanese surrender. By August, the country had devolved into rioting and anarchy with the collapse of Saigon?s administrative capabilities. The ensuing French- Indochina wars would be hard-fought through the 1940s and 1950s until the defeat of the French and loyalists in the 1954 Battle of Dien Bien Phu, which resulted in the creation of Cambodia and Laos as well as the division of the country at the 17th Parallel. The region would then endure the Vietnam war and re-unify in 1976, creating the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. By 2001 Vietnam had made reforms and was on target to become one of the fastest-growing economies in South Asia.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 2001 Map of Vietnam . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 2001 Map of Vietnam . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 16 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.