- HISTORIC PRINTS: You’ll love this high quality print of 2021 Central America Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. Maps are great for education in the classroom. Maps also make for beautiful wall art in the home, study or office. A great gift for travelers or map enthusiasts.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your wall art or classroom. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. Our maps can be pinned on the wall or framed for a stunning look.
- ACCURATE MAP: These map prints of Central America and the Caribbean are utilized by academics, business people, and others looking for accurate, detailed maps. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our historic maps and we know you will too.
Published in a period of relative stability for Central America, this Central Intelligence Agency production depicts the geopolitical boundaries and distinct cultures that distinguish the region from its neighbors, the North and South. The region has long been under European colonial rule. Many nations achieved independence in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, leading to a period of instability and social unrest due to varying economic factors. The distinct blend of indigenous language, traditions, and beliefs has been imbued with European influences since the discovery of North America by European settlers in 1492. Santa Domingo in modern-day Dominican Republic was the first European settlement in 1493 and remains the longest inhabited European settlement in Central America.
Spain began to colonize the Americas further in 1609 and established numerous Catholic Churches throughout the region, which would become the predominant religion for the subsequent centuries. As part of the Mesoamerican biodiversity hotspot, Central America is home to a wide range of flora and fauna and contains some of the most active fault lines on the planet. Bordered by the Pacific Ocean to the west and the Caribbean to the East, the coastal regions of Central America stand in stark contrast to the interior geography, which is marked by tropical rainforests and mountainous features.
CIA maps are regarded as the most accurate geopolitical depictions and are used by political and military leaders to develop and implement policy and strategy. During the early twenty-first century, Central America became an emerging market with relative political stability.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.