- HISTORIC PRINTS: You’ll love this high quality print of 2021 Arctic Region Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. Maps are great for education in the classroom. Maps also make for beautiful wall art in the home, study or office. A great gift for travelers or map enthusiasts.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your wall art or classroom. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. Our maps can be pinned on the wall or framed for a stunning look.
- ACCURATE MAP: These map prints of 2021 Arctic Ocean Map of Arctic Region are utilized by academics, business people, and others looking for accurate, detailed maps. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our historic maps and we know you will too.
Characterized by one of the harshest climates and vast uninhabited expanses, the Arctic Region has long fascinated explorers and the public during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. With lands controlled by Russia, Canada, Denmark, and the United States, it contains the iconic North Pole and is home to indigenous Inuits who have lived off the land for centuries. The frozen climate was long thought to hold a route to Asia from Europe. Numerous European explorers unsuccessfully attempted to navigate the region during the search for the Northwest Passage. Beginning in 1937, the Western portions of the Arctic were explored by Russian expeditions on floating ice drifts.
Greenland was discovered some five hundred years prior to Columbus’ arrival in what is now the modern-day Dominican Republic. Leif Erikson is considered the first European to set for in North America with the discovery of Greenland. The region has been settled with some degree of European presence since the tenth century. The Arctic Region contains one of the most unique ecosystems and is predominantly covered in treeless permafrost.
The Central Intelligence Agency has been producing the most accurate geopolitical maps for use by military and political leaders to develop strategy and policy since 1941. CIA maps are distinguished by their characteristic minimalism, crisp lines, and immediately recognizable style. While the Arctic region continues to change and evolve, it is limited by its natural geography and remains one of the last genuinely remote places on the planet which is documented in this historical production,.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.