- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1715 Map of West Indies Islands of America. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1715 Map of West Indies Islands of America. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This restored piece or cartographical history comes alive and truly transports the viewer to another time. Pre-dating the American Revolution and harkening back to when the West Indies and Americas were simply disputed territories fought for by the French, Spanish, English and Dutch our restored version of this map shows in stunning clarity the impressive work of early cartographer Herman Moll. Moll was noted for his of Galleon ships and fleets to produce this intricate map that even includes trade winds.
The rich history of this region combined with what was the highest technical ability of cartography at the time, come together to depict a land in flux and evolution. The Americas had been relatively recently discovered and as such were being charted for the first time. The depictions of modern day America and Cuba, as well as Mexico and South America show how truly remarkable the endeavor to colonize these lands was. This map was originally published to distinguish each colonial powers’ claims in the new world and stands out as a testament to Moll’s dedication and expertise.
Our museum quality, giclee print comes on heavy matte stock printed with archival ink displaying a remarkable amount of clarity and detail. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube, your carribean decor map print will arrive ready to frame. The perfect gift for any fan of early American history this distinctive map is the perfect addition to any classroom, office, home or study and gives a sense of heritage and gravity to any space it adorns.