Published in the latter part of the nineteenth century, this distinct and ornate depiction of Poland and Lithuania shows the nations in a period of massive internal reform and increased political power from progressive urban social classes. These conditions created a more robust economy for the country, and the most populous city Warsaw became the leading center for trade.
Produced by German cartographer Job Mayer and published by London Barrister John Bowles, this stunning representation immediately transports the viewer back in time. The Bar Confederation from 1768 to 1782 was a rebellion by the nobility who sought to retain independence for the nation as well as the traditional establishment of noble culture. After the suppression of the Bar Confederation, the commonwealth of Poland was divided into Prussia, Russia, and Austria, which became known as the First Partition of Poland. This is considered by historians to have happened due to Poland’s loss of significant influence in Northeastern Europe in the second half of the eighteenth century. Another contributing factor was the shifting powers of Russia and Europe during this period.
English interest in Eastern European politics was peaked in the eighteenth century as civil unrest in English colonies in America were influencing geopolitical sentiment across Western Europe as well as England. As boundaries shift and new nations are formed, these historical maps provide a rare glimpse of the past and give the viewer a real sense of history. This is a genuine piece of Eastern European cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1770 Poland Lithuania Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1770 Kingdom of Poland and Grand Duchy of Lithuania Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.