- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1786 Western Hemisphere Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1786 Map of Western Hemisphere. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by noted English engraver and cartographer William Faden, who became the Royal Geographer for King George III. The 1780s were a period of significant transition as society transformed from being mostly agrarian during the Industrial Revolution. Cities became more populated during this time. The Western Hemisphere saw the defeat of Britain in the American Colonies and the extensive adoption of democratic governance throughout Europe and the America’s. Faden’s works are noted for their accuracy and detail that immediately transports the viewer back in time, reading an indelible link between the present and past.
The conclusion of the American Revolution in 1783 marked a shift in ideological and political thought. The 1780s also saw the establishment of modern philosophy as well as numerous technological, astronomical, and political innovations and discoveries. This map was produced for the Crown and Parliament, and by the end of the eighteenth century, King George III had been involved in an extensive military conflict in Europe, America, and Asia. With the French defeat in the Seven Years War, Britain became the dominant European power in addition to establishing dominance in India.
Extensive exploration of the globe occurred during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, and these publications provided eager Britain’s a glimpse of the world beyond their borders. Faden’s self-printed North American Atlas published in 1777 chronicled the battles of the American Revolution with 29 hand-drawn illustrations created by eyewitnesses. This is truly an authentic piece of British and global cartographic history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.