This depiction of Arkansas' State Capital and most populous city, Little Rock, shows it in a period of significant growth and transformation in the years following the conclusion of the Civil War. By this time, Little Rock had become a cultural, economic, government, and transportation center for Arkansas and the South as well. Arkansas joined the Union in 1836 as the twenty-fifth state with a population of around 60,000. After the Confederate defeat in the Civil, War Arkansas experienced a population boom spurred on by European immigrants attracted by fertile farmlands in the State's Delta regions. Many communities and neighborhoods were established along these cultural lines, which exist to this day.
The 1870s also saw the expansion of railroad networks throughout the state, which spurred economic growth and allowed farmers access to larger markets in Chicago and the North East. Little Rock's proximity to the Arkansas River also encouraged development as the town's port grew and expanded access. Little Rock became the capital of the Territory of Arkansas in 1821, replacing Arkansas Post.
Illustrated as a birds eye perspective, this stunning depiction of the iconic American City bears a unique aesthetic and distinctive style which immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating a bond between the past and present. These perspectives were among the most popular illustrations from the late nineteenth century until the 1920s and served to promote cities and feature their notable civic features. This detailed illustration is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1871 Little Rock Arkansas Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1871 Little Rock Vintage Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.