- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1879 Colorado Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1879 Map of Colorado Wall Art. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published only three years after the territory achieved statehood, this stunning depiction of Colorado shows the State in a period of significant growth and transition as fortunes amassed in the gold rushes previous three decades transformed the rugged mountains in the western portion of the State. The southern regions had been ceded to the United States following Mexico’s defeat in the Mexican-American War in 1848. This land cession was the largest since the Louisiana Purchase at the beginning of the nineteenth century and completed a contiguous border from the Atlantic to Pacific Oceans.
Productive gold and silver mines were found throughout the Rocky Mountains since Pike’s Peak’s discovery in 1858, and eager prospectors flocked to Colorado seeking fortune. As mining camps grew, towns and cities began to spring up, and increased access from rail lines allowed the State to flourish in the late nineteenth century. As the 38th State Colorado, became an essential economic driver for the United States following the conclusion of the Civil War, and immigrants from the East, South, and Europe were making Colorado home in the late nineteenth century.
Published by iconic American mapmaking company Rand McNally this detailed illustration bears a unique aesthetic and is immediately recognizable. It’s authentic imagery instantly transports the viewer back in time. The company was founded in 1868 and grey to become the most recognized mapmaker in the United States with their accurate depictions becoming the vanguard for map production. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.