Published nearly two decades after the territory achieved statehood, this detailed topographical map was published by the prolific cartographic team Everts & Kirk, who's publications were renowned throughout the Nation in the late nineteenth century. This period was a time of significant growth and transition for the state as rail access expanded a burgeoning cattle ranching industry, which was encouraged by the natural plains being uniquely suited to the pursuit and allowing ranchers to grow thieving herds with minimal work. In the 1870s and 1880s, European immigrants and Civil War veterans flocked to the state.
The Union Pacific Railroad allowed ranchers to export their meat, and meatpacking plants brought workers from the south eager to start new lives in the years following the Civil War. As these plants were established, cities began to grow, and retailers from the Northeast came to Nebraska to build thriving businesses in towns like Omaha or the capital Bismarck. The Federal Government retained nearly thirteen thousand acres of land to sell or grant to homesteaders during the late nineteenth century.
Omaha was the location for the 1892 Convention, which spawned the Populist Movement that was promoted by farmers and ranchers in the late nineteenth century. The movement was spurred by recurring droughts and little sympathy from Republican leaders; it became popular in the 1890s but faded by the century's turn. Nebraska's agricultural exports helped fuel the Nation in the years following the Civil War, and this depiction is a genuine piece of American history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1885 Nebraska State Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1885 Map of Nebraska. This print is from an original found in the Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division in The New York Public Library. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.