- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1889 Denver Colorado Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1889 Map of Denver CO. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by prominent American lithographer, illustrator, and cartographer Henry Well this stunning bird's eye perspective of Denver shows the period following a great boom of population and development spurred on by vast discoveries of gold and other minerals in the Rocky Mountains. Perhaps one of the most iconic cities of the American West, Denver, was founded as a gold mining town in 1858 and was little more than prospects tents and a sparse group of merchants supplying them. By 1889 the city had grown and provided the surrounding region with a rail line connecting Cheyenne to Western Kansas that allowed the city to flourish as a trading hub.
Denver was a diverse city in the late nineteenth century with immigrants from Germany, Ireland, China, the American South and East flocking to the city to establish neighborhoods and businesses. The city was experiencing a period of prosperity with the establishment of Opera Houses and other lavish buildings showcasing the city's transformation from a rough mining town. Bird's eye perspectives were produced to highlight notable places, buildings, or other points of civic pride. These depictions were used to market cities to prospective merchants or business owners and to attract new residents.
Wellge's works were among the most popular illustrations during the late nineteenth century into the 1920s and were noted for their attention to detail and accuracy, though not produced to scale. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that shows Denver in its race to the turn of the century.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.