- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1889 Lincoln Nebraska Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1889 Lincoln Nebraska Vintage Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced by prolific American lithographer and cartographer Henry Wellge this birds eye perspective bears a unique aesthetic and is a stunning depiction of one of the most iconic cities of the American West. Wellge is among five cartographers who produced more than half of all birds eye perspectives which were wildly popular from the middle of the nineteenth century until the 1920s. Wellge’s depictions were produced with stunning detail and have a distinctive aesthetic that immediately transports the viewer back in time creating an indelible link between the present and past. These perspectives served as marketing materials for cities eager to attract industrialists and workers alike. Merchants and residents also displayed them in a show of civic pride.
Nebraska’s State Capitol, Lincoln, was growing exponentially in the late nineteenth century and would become a major railroad hub in 1892 creating even more growth and development. Immigrants from Germany and Eastern Europe were establishing thriving neighborhoods and communities in the city, many of which still exist to this day. Nebraska achieved statehood in 1867 and continued to grow throughout the late nineteenth century. Lincoln was experiencing a period of significant prosperity as the turn of the century loomed.
Rich ranch land surrounding the urban centers of Lincoln allowed for the cattle industry to thrive as cows could be shipped to meat processing plants from the expanded railroad networks. Lincoln experienced a number shifts throughout the nineteenth and twentieth centuries and would become one of the primary economic drivers in Nebraska and the midwest.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.