- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1892 Lancaster New York Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1892 Lancaster NY Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced and published by LR Burleigh, a prominent New York-based artist, and lithographer who produced nearly three hundred birds eye perspectives and panoramic views of cities throughout the Northeast. His works are included in the Smithsonian archives, Library f Congress, and Boston Public Library. He is considered a pioneer of the birds' eye perspective. His works bear a unique aesthetic that is immediately recognizable and transports the viewer back in time, creating a bond between the past and present. These perspectives were produced as promotional materials for cities eager to attract industrialists and workers alike and featured promise civic features, businesses, and notable buildings.
Lancaster was incorporated in 1859 and is located East of iconic Buffalo, NY and Niagara Falls and is the third oldest incorporated village in Erie County. The village experienced a substantial fire in its downtown business district two years after this publication and allowed local residents to rebuild the district, which is today a preserved national historic site. Primarily settled by Dutch, German, and Italian immigrants, these communities established thriving neighborhoods highlighting their home countries, many of which exist to this day. The Lancaster Opera House was built in 1894 and is regionally famous for its historic architecture.
By the turn of the century, Lancaster had developed a distinct culture and local community-based. As the region grew, Lancaster developed and expanded, becoming a center for arts in the area. This detailed depiction is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.