- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1892 Map of Marin County Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1892 Marin California Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced by the Schmidt Label and Lithography Co, this stunning depiction of Marin County shows it in a period of significant transition and growth. Located in the northwestern part of the San Francisco Bay Area, the County was experiencing a period of great prosperity during America's so called 'Gilded Age.' One of the original 27 counties established in California in 1849 with the California Constitution's adoption, which was signed merely months prior to California's admission into the United States in 1850 as the thirty-first state. California's mineral and agricultural resources created a flourishing economy.
San Francisco had already experienced an economic boom spurred on by numerous mineral discoveries during the middle of the nineteenth century and its large port, the busiest on the West Coast. Schmidt Lithography was based in San Francisco and was the largest map producers and publishers in California during the nineteenth century and even constructed the Schmidt Lithography Co. Clock Tower in San Francisco, which stands to this day. Thanks to preservation efforts and the tower's unique characteristics, it has come to be known as the 'timepiece of Rincon hill,’ and an important landmark in the area.
As the nation continued to grow in the years following the conclusion of the Civil War, many immigrants were attracted to the region, and numerous neighborhoods with distinct communities flourished and still exist today. The unique aesthetic and recognizable style instantly transport the viewer back in time, and this is an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.