- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1892 North Dakota Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1892 Map of North Dakota. This print is from an original found in the Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division in The New York Public Library. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published three years after the territory achieved statehood, this unique depiction of North Dakota shows the state in a period of significant transition and growth. The success of the Northern Pacific and Great Northern Railroads had expanded access to North Dakota, and European immigrants were flocking to the region to establish farms, dairies, and cattle ranches. German immigrants comprised the majority during this period as they fled civil unrest in their home country, with a large portion of Scandinavian immigrants also establishing homesteads in the region. As rail lines increased, access towns and cities were established as the region became an essential agricultural driver for the burgeoning nation.
This work is a distinctive representation of iconic American mapmaker Rand McNally's signature style. The late nineteenth century saw Northeastern Americans coming to the region's cities to establish thriving retail businesses as farmers' needs expanded. The importance of railroad expansion throughout the region cannot be understated and was the driving force behind the state's economy, which exported numerous agricultural commodities that were fueling The United States' growth. Much of this growth was spurred by efforts from the Great Northern Railroad, which purchased Government lands and advertised them to eager farmers in the East and Europe as well.
North Dakota's natural resources have always driven the state economy, and the expansion of railroads allowed farmers to export their crops throughout the nation. Rand McNally became synonymous with maps through the twentieth century, and this early piece of theirs is truly a piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.