Produced by prolific American cartographer Frank Pezolt this stunning depiction of Colorado in the late 19th century was created in the Birds Eye style, which was very popular during this period. Birds Eye perspectives were used as marketing materials to attract residents, tourists, and businesses. Colorado in the late 19th century had been experiencing mining booms for the last few decades, and eager prospectors flocked to the state looking for fortunes in silver, and gold mines.
As the population grew, the expansion of railroads in the 1890s allowed unprecedented access. This perspective was published just one year after the repeal of the Sherman Silver Purchase Act, which had invigorated silver mining in Colorado. The reversal caused a considerable downturn in silver mining, and the state experienced a period of economic decline. 1893 also marked legislation in the state, allowing women the right to vote, making it the second state to expand universal suffrage. The 1880s saw the establishment of widespread floriculture earning the period the ‘Carnation Gold Rush,’ nickname.
Published two decades after receiving statehood, this illustration shows the vastness of the region from the plains in the East to the majestic Rockies in the West. This is one of the earliest accurate portrayals of these landforms, and the relief is shown pictorially by spot height and available surveys. The distinctive aesthetic of the Birds Eye perspective immediately transports the viewer back in time, and this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your vintage Colorado poster print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage Colorado map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1894 Colorado Map . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1894 Colorado Wall Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.