Published by iconic American mapmaker Rand McNally, this stunning depiction of Ohio shows the state in a period of significant growth and transition. Throughout much of the nineteenth century, Ohio had experienced increased industrialization, which complemented the state’s thriving agricultural industry. The iron and steel industries thrived in Ohio during the 1800s, with the first established iron furnace built in 1804. Throughout the century, iron and steel production would attract immigrants from abroad and other American states eager to help meet increased demand in larger cities on the East and West coast.
By the 1890s, with larger East Coast cities experiencing the so-called ‘Gilded Age,’ steel demand was booming as steel and glass buildings became the norm in places like New York City. This demand spurred a thriving economy in Ohio, which had also been bolstered by oil discoveries during the preceding two decades. At the turn of the century, Ohio had become a global industrial center, with natural resources strengthening an already thriving economy. Oil discoveries in Northwestern Ohio spurred the growth of the port of Toledo, and commercial enterprises began thriving around towns and cities with the establishment of local banks.
By 1900 Ohio’s population had exploded to over 4 million, and the state was experiencing a time of great prosperity. This economic advantage saw the installation of robust internal infrastructure and development with cities growing and creating communities and neighborhoods that exist to this day. This is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1894 Ohio State Wall Decor Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1894 Ohio Map Poster. This print is from an original found in the Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division in The New York Public Library. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.