Published as the nineteenth century neared a close, this stunning depiction of Napa shows the region in a period of growth and transition. Numerous mineral discoveries throughout the later portions of the nineteenth century had caused the population to boom, and increased access to the region with the San Francisco and Northern Pacific Railroad in 1870 allowed the region to flourish. The 1858 Silver Rush in Napa brought eager prospectors from across the nation and globe.
The region had been ceded to the United States following Mexico's defeat in the Mexican-American War in 1848 and was the second-largest land cession since the Louisiana Purchase at the beginning of the nineteenth century. Napa was incorporated in 1872, and the region's fertile land was among the most productive in the United States. While at this time it was largely agrarian, it would transform into one of the most recognized wine-producing regions in the United States by the middle of the twentieth century.
The distinct character and unique geography of the region's landscape have made it one of the West coast's premier tourist destinations. In 1861 Charles Krug founded the first commercial winery in Napa, and it was followed with the establishment of twenty more in the next two decades, many of which still exist today. The unique aesthetic and stunning detail in this illustration instantly transport the viewer back in time. Napa experienced many transformations in its development, and this depiction is an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1895 Napa Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1895 Napa Wall Art Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.